Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week #6 and #7 crafts


Living in an older house, we have some creaks and cracks for sure. There isn't a lot of insulation despite the recent update our house got before we moved in. That lack of insulation has been really noticeable lately with the temperature drops outside. Last week I noticed a giant gap in one of our windows. The construction workers didn't paint it shut so that we would have the option of opening it. That was nice of them but it created one heck of a draft!

 So I decided to make one of those "draft snakes", a piece of fabric sewed up with some sort of material in it such as gravel, sand or rice to block out the draft.
I think it turned out great!
Now for week #7! I have always loved those plastic white wall flowers but never wanted to pay the outrageous price the stores want for them, so while on pinterest a month or so ago, I found a website with a template for paper wall flowers! So, I decided our guest room could really use some wall flower art =)

 voila! more crafts soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment