Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm still alive, promise!

Wow. I have been slacking. 10 days since my last post!? My apologies fellow bloggies. I have been Exhausted lately. Yes Exhausted with a capital E. I have sat down almost every night this week/past weekend to upload my pictures and post them to the blog but I end up falling asleep before I even get the camera plugged into the computer. Its bad. I'm really not sure what my deal is and Hubby is a bit concerned. Maybe it's my lack of caffeine in my system from the detox diet? Maybe my iron is low? Who knows; bottom line, I am determined to blog today, even if it means I have to miss my TV shows tonight.

A lot has happened in my blogging absence so bear with me...

Saturday it was blistering cold! It was like mother nature all of the sudden decided it was winter time and she was going to make sure everyone knew it. I knew we would eventually pay for this mild "winter" we've been having. Hubby bought tickets with a friend from work to go to the Park Tavern Oysterfest on Saturday. Good thing it was an outdoor AND indoor event! It was fun but coooold. My poor little fingers felt like they were going to fall off as I pried open the oyster shells.
Oyster Steam Stations



Inside, it was packed!
They had a couple local bands playing and it was packed! when we couldn't take the cold anymore, We headed to Noche in the Highlands for some tapas. Fun times!

Sunday night after church we had a pretty big scare. Driving through an intersection on the way home, a speeding mustang ran a red light, barely missed my little Honda and rammed right into the side of a grand prix right next to us. Thanks to Hubby's fantastic reaction times, we were spared.  That grand prix could have been us if Hubby hadn't slammed on the breaks before the mustang barreled through the intersection. The guy in the mustang just wasn't paying attention. It was a nasty sight. Thankfully no one was hurt but the mustang was completely undoubtedly totaled, leaking fluid all over the road. The passengers in the grand prix road the ambulance to the hospital but they were more than likely not hurt, just shaken up. No blood, only deployed airbags. I spoke to the operator at 911 and described the scene until the paramedics arrived and Hubby had to give a statement to the police. Crazy night! I have been on edge every time we drive through any intersection since then.

Monday night, The weather was better- not nearly as cold or windy as Saturday and Sunday. I bought tickets to a "Flavor Tripping" party at a local coffee roasting warehouse through Scoutmob. There is a berry from west Africa that has recently gotten a lot of press called the Miracle Berry. When you eat the berry it supposedly binds to your taste buds and makes everything sour taste sweet. This coffee warehouse bought  a bunch of these berries and then set up stations of different foods around for people to try.
Miracle Berry
Food tasting table
Not so sure about tasting a lemon

Hubby and I were pumped (maybe we built it up too much in our heads) and were sadly disappointed in the results. The sour foods tasted... sour. They had lemons, limes, granny smith apples, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, mustard,  salt and vinegar chips, Guinness (supposed to taste like a chocolate milkshake so they say). They berry altered the flavors slightly- making everything taste flat or dull. The Guinness did NOT taste like chocolate milkshake, ...more like flat beer. So, it was a bust but still cool to say we tried it! The best part of the night- Fellini's afterward!!

Yesterday was Valentine's Day (happy belated Valentine's day everyone!) but we didn't have any big plans. I made PF Chang wanna-be tofu lettuce wraps (which were pretty darn good) and we headed to our small group session.
We're planning to go to Parker's on Ponce later this week or next week to celebrate a late Valentine's day. Hope everyone else had a fantastic Valentine's day!! Last week's craft is up next! Stay tuned =)

No comments:

Post a Comment