Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goin' local!

So I am really excited, Hubby and I decided to participate in a local farm box program thanks to an awesome groupon. It's called Nature's Garden Delivered. Its basically like having a little bit of the famer's market delivered right to you! Yesterday we got our first box:

It was a TON of food! All organic, and mostly local. They consider local to mean you can get there by car in one day. So for us, Florida counts! yay! The good part about this company is that they will let you choose the size box you get. There are four choices: Tiny box meant for 1-2 people (probably the perfect one for us), Small box for 2-3 people, Medium box for 3-4 people, and Large box for 4 plus people. We also chose the option to have it delivered every other week so we aren't overwhelmed with a lot of produce!  They have some recipes on their website for what to make with the produce they deliver but I think I may have to hit the web for some idea on how to prepare some of these items (cough cough, collards). I am sure pinterest will be a big help as well.
I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment