Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week #4 and #5 of 52


 Whoops!!! I just saw that I didn't upload pictures from last week's craft project! So, this is a combined post- which is semi appropriate considering both of the projects are related! Pinterest has inspired me to want to decorate more for Valentine's day. It started with my usual front door attire. We don't have the best of front doors for wreaths and such since it's glass. So, I've gone to hanging the wreath or door decoration on the wall in the sun room instead of the door. My usual valentine door decoration looks pretty pathetic on the wall:
I found a beaded heart wreath at Target that I liked but it was $20 and so VERY cheaply made that I couldn't bring myself to buy it. So I headed to Michael's to get the fixin's to make something like it. I ended up with this:
I like it! Not exactly what I had in my head when I started but it does the job and looks better on the wall in the sun room than the other thing!
Now, this week's craft project was Valentine related as well:

I made a cute paper flag garland from scrapbook paper and bought a few unfinished wooden frames from Michael's for $1 a piece, painted them black and printed the letters off the computer to put in each frame! Voila! So there you go, my valentine crafts! Back to regular, non-holiday related craft this week, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment