Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

Yikes! It's been 10 days since I posted! That's pretty bad. But, in my defense, I have worked every single one of those days with no breaks in between. And it has been exhausting! Some of those days I had to be into work by 6 am! This girl is NOT a fan of the 5 am alarm. But, I will finally have a day off from work this Saturday! Yay!

Let's start off with first wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hubby and I had a great new year's eve at a couple's house from small group.

Pictures are worth a thousand words! The next day though, I can't say that was equally as good. I was not feeling great and pretty much crashed and burned after I got home from work. I'm getting old, my body can't handle the partying as well as it used to! haha Oh yeah, and I cut my hair! It actually looks longer in this picture than it actually is. It just hits my shoulders. I like it!

After Christmas, Hubby and  I decided to head to the Botanical Garden light show. Driving around looking at Chistmas lights is one of my favorite holiday past times. My Mother in-law asked us if we were going to start any Christmas traditions now that we're married and have our own family. My vote was for holiday light sight seeing! I LOVE it. Reminds me of back home in the neighborhood I grew up in =) The Botanical Garden did not let us down. There were millions of lights- all of them LED. It was beautiful!




A tree made entirely from Poinsettias!
They even had a miniature village with electric trains going through it!

All in all, we had a wonderful holiday! Now it's back to the real world and I welcome the normalcy! Next week we are looking forward to having my brother in-law stay with us! Should be a fun time =)
xoxo
Melissa =)

No comments:

Post a Comment