Sunday, January 29, 2012

Groupon Fun!


Geh! I did it again, I waited until the end of the week to tell you about my week. My bad. Just bear with me through another long post and I promise to try and break it up for you all next time. I promise to TRY.

Hubby and I had a pretty busy end of the week if I do say so myself. It all started with Thursday... The girls from our small group and I attended a cooking class from a groupon we scored a few months back. It was an interesting place, to say the least... First off, as soon as you walk in, there were literally 100s of witches hanging from the ceiling.
Julie swears this one was giving her the evil eye the entire class.

Julie and I were the first to arrive and we were a tad bit nervous for our well-being.
But as more and more people came in, we started to relax a little and come to find out the cooking teacher, Ursula, was originally from Germany- which explains the witch obsession. Ursula was actually a pretty entertaining teacher and she prepared a full 7 course meal for us!
Chicken w/ Spinach Artichoke topping, water chestnut rice, stir fry green and yellow squash, Mango Salad and Bailey's Irish coffee dessert. Not Pictured: potato corn chowder w/ garlic nuggets and after dinner orange pear cocktail.
The food was... okay. I think I expected a little better from a cooking class! The dessert was a Bailey's Irish Coffee pudding dessert and it was so strong I questioned whether I was safe to drive home after that or not!
Laura's reaction to the potent Bailey's dessert. It was like taking a straight shot of Bailey's- seriously. I may or may not have been hung over the next day.

Overall we had a really fun time. I wouldn't have missed it for anything =)

Friday, Hubby and I cashed in another groupon for a Brazilian steakhouse on Buford Highway with some friends of ours. I had been to a Brazilian steakhouse or a Churrascaria as they call it in Brazil, one other time in Miami back in 2009 and raved about it so much that Hubby was slightly jealous. So when this groupon came about, he jumped on it! Now, you might be asking yourself, what in the world does a vegetarian eat at a Brazilian steakhouse!? Well, if you've ever been to one, you know about their phenomenal salad and side bars. I survived just fine without the meat =) I wish I had pictures to show you, but you'll just have to use your imagination. I did, to everyone's surprise, try some of the filet, roast beef and bacon wrapped filet from Hubby's plate. They were all really good but I couldn't have tolerated a whole plate full. If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse and you love food, I highly recommend you try one out.

Saturday after I got off work, Hubby and I headed over to our friends Nick and Darienne's engagement party! We had a TON of fun meeting everyone because if they were friends with Nick and Darienne, then they MUST be cool. We were definitely not let down. They have awesome friends!
Aww we love them! So excited they are finally making it official. Marriage rocks you guys!
We had such a great time! What a fantastic weekend! And thanks for hanging with me and reading this entire post- I know it was obnoxiously long. Like I said, I promise to try and break it up a little next time!
I do have my week's craft project done but I think I'll save that for tomorrow. Give you all something to look forward to =)

No comments:

Post a Comment