Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ode to Pinterest

I just want to take a minute to tell you how much I love pinterest and how much it has inspired me since it came into my life a few months ago. I've always been a crafty person but pinterest stimulated some hidden DIY side of me that now knows no limits!! Bless my husband, he has been such a great sport about it all. He has been dragged into countless projects since we moved into our new place! He mandated that I start keeping a list of all my project ideas- which is probably a really good move considering the speed that these project ideas spring up!! A few examples of our pinterest-inspired excursions:
Our DIY back splash project. Didn't Hubby do a FANTASTIC job?
UK ribbon wreath i made for my mom
DIY bathroom mirror frame. Makes the bathroom look SO much better!
Chevron Stripe canvas I painted for my sister's bedroom
Spray painted dollar store vases as our holiday centerpiece!
Handmade black-out-lined curtains, custom length, for a FRACTION of the price of store bought ones!
Wicker Trunk turned into covered bench
Homemade wooden headboard- Thank you Hubby! =)
Modpodged Letter holder
Jewelry Holder out of old frame, screen and drawer pulls!
That's not even all of my pinterest inspired projects! I didn't include my kitchen endeavors... The list could seriously go on and on. But i'll spare you =) To reel my now obsession in and keep me on track without getting overwhelmed with project ideas in my queue, I have decided to do one project a week. That's 52 projects this year. My projects could range from making a piece of furniture out of pallets to finishing a scrapbook page. 52 sounds like a lot- we'll see how this goes! To start the year out right, I completed my first project of 2012 for week one:
A wine cork board out of the millions of corks we have! I have been saving for years. Some of these are my grandmother's too- she had been saving as well and then passed them on to me along with this wine cork board kit! Thanks Granny! Now, to figure out what to do with the rest of the corks I have...

What has everyone else done from pinterest in 2011?

xoxo
Melissa =)

No comments:

Post a Comment