Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baby, it's cold outside!

We've had a fun filled weekend! Jason (my brother in-law) has been visiting us since Wednesday which Kane LOVES. He adores his Uncle Jason =)
Now that i think about it though, we don't have a lot to show for our weekend! Just a bunch of chores and errands! But, yesterday we woke up to a freezing COLD house. Seriously, my nose was like ice and my fingernails were blue! Somehow during the night our thermostat had set itself to 60 degrees and we could not get it to budge! We called our landlord to see if we could get the heating and air people over. While we waited, I pulled out the electric heater to try and warm us up a little. Well, Kane is a heater HOG. In the past, every time I've pulled out the heater he would sit directly in front of it- usually on his bed or the rug which usually isn't far away.  To no one's surprise, this time he did the exact same thing he always does, only this time there wasn't a bed directly in front of it for him to lay on.
He was not happy. He desperately wanted to be in front of the heater but he also wanted to lay on his bed. So, he started to moan and cry!!! As soon as I moved his bed in front of the heater he was happy. He immediately laid down and was quiet. Such a spoiled dog!!

Turns out the heating and air guys couldn't fit us in yesterday and with a little more research on Home Depot's website we decided to replace the thermostat ourselves. Since my hubby is super handy, it took us about 15 minutes to have an installed and fully functioning thermostat! I am happy to report, I am warm and toasty this morning! =)
Stay tuned, I'll be posting the results of my craft for week #2 soon! Get excited!!
xoxo
Melissa =)

No comments:

Post a Comment