Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.  Isaiah 7:14

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Christmas and you are enjoying your holiday break from work/school! Our Christmas eve dinner was a HUGE success!! I am beyond happy with the results! Of course there were a few hiccups along the way, but nothing that would ruin the night! All the dishes we made turned out great: 

 Caprese Salad Bites as an appetizer. I also made the infamous artichoke dip (a KY family favorite) and Pub Cheese fondue- which aren't pictured.
 Pull apart garlic Parmesan cheese bread. Made from scratch! With yeast and all!
 Easy Cheesy Zucchini Squash Bake
 My mother-in-law's (famous, according to Hubby) sweet potato casserole. It turned out great! That was really the only thing I was worried about since it was legendary and all.
 Balsamic Green Beans with mushrooms. It was adapted slightly to fit my tastes- thanks to the practice rounds over the last few weeks!
 Roasted brussel sprouts- which were AH-mazing. I could have just eaten these and been happy. seriously- they were that good.
 Hubby deep fried a turkey for our main course. And for his first time- it was really good! Extra extra crispy but good!
How many brothers does it take to carve a turkey?
Overall it was a good time! Christmas morning we got up and headed over to my brother in-law's to open presents and nosh on a supremo spread cooked by my fabulous sister in-law! I'm not going to lie though, I missed my family terribly and it was tough not being able to hang out with them. =(
Later, Hubby and I exchanged gifts with each other and watched Kane open his gifts... It was a memorable first Christmas for sure!
Hope you all had a great Christmas too and we wish you a wonderful new year!
XOXO
-Melissa =)

No comments:

Post a Comment