Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tis the Season!

We've been diligently decorating for Christmas this year and we finally finished decorating our very first Christmas tree! Yay! Thanks to Hubby's incapacitated right arm, I got to put every single light up this year and my fingers are not thanking me for it! But its well worth it i think...

I've been learning to use the extra features of my point and shoot camera a little bit better. I love how it looks like the lights are really glowing in this picture! I think I'm almost ready to graduate to a bigger camera!
We also decorated the outside of our house =)
Nothin' fancy, but it's some bling to brighten up the street a little!

Even Kane is getting geared up for the holidays!

We are staying here in Atlanta this year and Hubby's side of the family is coming over for Christmas Eve dinner. So, my very first married Christmas, we'll be hosting dinner for 8 people! If anyone has any fantastic recipes, let me know because we are still developing the menu! In fact, we are in the recipe testing phase currently. Since i have zero experience hosting dinners, i have turned to the world wide web for help and have been gathering recipes that look good for a Christmas eve dinner. Its not going to be very formal, more of a buffet-like serving because we don't have enough chairs around our table for everyone. Ideas, anyone?

We actually were throwing around the idea of fondue as an appetizer- but it can get pretty messy. I found out that Hubby has NEVER had fondue! can you believe that?? So we busted out our fondue pot last night and made some cheddar cheese "pub fondue" (Big thanks to my awesome friend, Stephanie for our super cool fondue pot wedding present!)
It was delicious! I can't wait to try more fondue recipes in it! I had no idea it was so versatile too! you can make tempura in it and everything! Its a powerful little pot and not nearly as hard to clean as i thought it was going to be. Yay fondue! Anyone have any experience with fondue appetizers- or even fondue desserts for that matter!? I have no idea what to serve! Help!
We'll keep you posted on the progress! Hope your holidays are just as fun as our have been so far!
-Melissa =)

No comments:

Post a Comment