Friday, December 16, 2011

Practice makes perfect

Whew! This is the time of year when I feel like I am constantly running all day long and yet I still never seem to get anything done! This week has been exactly that. I had to print out one of these adorable free printables, Peek at the Week from Jen at one of my favorite blogs: I heart organizing (love her) just to keep our crazy week straight!

One of the things on my to do list this week was to practice our recipes for the Christmas Eve dinner were hosting at our house. Last week I made an Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake from a recipe I found on pinterest:

This is Kalyn's picture, I didn't take a picture of our dish because we devoured it too fast. It was delish!
That went so well that I decided to try another recipe from the same blog, (which I also found on pinterest- I am addicted, seriously) Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic, and Parmesan. Also, very yummy and very easy, next time I think I will add a little bit more Balsamic vinegar to it though. This is why we test them out right!? This picture is also from Kalyn's blog because again, we devoured it too fast to remember to take a picture!

Tonight I am planning on trying two new recipes (again from pinterest, maybe I should change the title of this post to I love pinterest, sheesh) One is a crock pot taco soup recipe of sorts that I modified slightly for my veggie preferences and the other is a vegetarian southwest baked egg roll recipe. I am pumped! This time i'll remember to take pictures- promise!

Other big news this week- the Club has been retired folks! Hubby's Club was upgraded to this fancy shmancy splint. He has a lot more finger movement now so he can finally grasp things. Yay!
On a funny side note, we went to one of my new favorite restaurants in East Atlanta called Across the Street. Their decorating style is a little on the eclectic side. They had an enormous blow up Santa outside their restaurant, complete with a Corona in his hand. Hilarious!

Seriously though, you all should check the restaurant out, its has a tex mex style that i am totally digging with some unique ingredients. But make sure to order whatever you do with a side of Diablo hot sauce. it is PHENOMENAL! They also have a spicy margarita that is soooo good. I want one right now in fact. There is a deal on Scout Mob right now for 50% of your entire check- alcohol included. So, you have no excuse to try them out!

Well, wish me luck with my pinterest recipe attempts tonight! Hopefully i'll get all my Christmas shopping done this weekend too! eh, I can hope can't I?
Have a fantastic weekend!
xoxo
Melissa =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa!
    This is Thais, Brent's cousin.
    Merry Christmas! Tell Brent I said hello.
    I've been trying to get Sarah on Pintrest...tell her to join to "dark side"!!
    Love it, but SO addictive.

    ReplyDelete