Saturday, March 24, 2012

90th Birthday Bash!

Yeah, so to say this has been a busy couple of weeks would be an understatement. In the next couple of posts, I'll tell you why! If you're not exhausted for me at the end of the posts- I'll be impressed!

To start, it was Hubby and I's 4 year anniversary of our first date 2 days ago! I know, I know, no one celebrates their engageversary or their first date-iversary after you get married but it's still fun to remember! And its a good excuse to  pop open a bottle of wine or have a good meal!

So, where did I leave off last post? Oh yeah, Seaside! After our super fun Seaside adventure, we headed to Sarasota to visit Hubby's folks and then to Sanibel Island, FL for my granny's 90th birthday bash!

We had a blast! the weather was beautiful and the drive wasn't all that bad (total of 9ish hours to get down there). We played games with the in-laws, had some good meals, hung out on the beach some (may have gotten a little overdone in the sun), and lots of fun with my side of the family! Almost all of my cousins and all of my aunts and uncles came down to celebrate Granny's birthday.
We did some shelling on the beach. I only brought home the prettiest.
Hubby and I at the beach
Pelican who wanted to make friends with us
Hubby, me and my mom at dinner

Granny and Hubby chattin' it up. Doesn't she look FAN-tastic for 90!?
Granny's super surprised face after she saw all of the guests at her party!
My sisters!
The party was REALLY fun, there was some sister bonding, some impressive booth jumping by Hubby, and some boogie downing! If you've ever partied with my side of the family, then you know: It's impossible to NOT have a good time!

By the time we got home, we were glad to have Kane back but were already missing the beach and the Florida sun. Going back to work was really hard. Luckily, we had more plans that following weekend to keep us entertained! Stay tuned for the next chapter in our never dull life!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment