Thursday, April 26, 2012

update on our crazy lives

Sorry I've been MIA the past few weeks. Hubby and I were crazy busy with moving plans, house hunting trips and trying to cram everything we still wanted to do in Atlanta in the remaining weeks we have.
Hubby is officially in Phoenix now, his first day was this past Monday. He says it's a lot like his last job in Lake Park, GA, only this time he's the AGM!  It's a big adjustment for me, first off- he's 3 hours behind me! So, when I'm getting ready for bed, he's getting off work! Secondly, with his desk job, I was used to him being available on his cell any time of day. Now that he's back in the field, he very rarely has time for texting =(. But, he's going to be a great AGM- developing people and such. He's good at that! Here's a picture of where he works. isn't it BIG?
The Home Depot distribution center in Tolleson, AZ
I'm getting more OK with moving to Phoenix. I think having Hubby already there is helping A LOT. And the fact that we found a place to live! If I could only find a job out there too... Everyone keeps telling me how fabulous the weather is going to be...

No humidity! Dry heat! No more frizzy hair!

That would all be fabulous if I suffered from frizzy hair.

But I don't.

I have poker straight, super fine, limp, doesn't-do-anything-ever hair. And when you have that type of hair, you suffer from static electricity. And you know what encourages static?

DRY HEAT.

check out the temperature in Phoenix the other day:

Yeah, its says it was 73 degrees at 10:26 am MY TIME. Let's not forget that means it was 7:26 AM Arizona time. yikes. And let's not forget the mild winter we've had is probably only going to make the summer that much hotter! I'll have to keep you posted when my skin singes off.

Well anyway, there will be more posts following soon documenting our escapades during "Operation Atlanta Bucket List"

Stay tuned!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Haha this made me laugh out loud like a crazy person on the bus. I CANT WAIT TO COME VIST YOU So my skin singes off too and and we can be twins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! You are welcome anytime!! We have an extra bedroom just asking to be occupied. And a pool, to soothe our singed skin of course.

      Delete