Friday, June 15, 2012

Hot doesn't even begin to describe it...

So normally I would continue back to where I left off, and fill you in on all the stuff that happened before we left for Arizona i.e. Derby party, Hubby’s Birthday, Our first anniversary, our CRUISE! But, I thought I would first update you on how life is shaping up in good ol' scorching hot Phoenix.

First off, we moved here at the wrong time of year. The three months of summer are the most tortuous time of the year.
I can only stand to be outside if it is before 10 am and my feet are in the pool at all times. Once the cooler morning hours slip away (and by cooler I mean 80-90 degrees) be prepared to move indoors because staying outside (even with your feet in the pool) becomes too unbearable.

Even going out to the mailbox is an ordeal! About half way there the scene suddenly changes to this:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_3784
Seriously.

Don’t get me started on the dry air! I can’t drink enough water during the day. I definitely drink more than my 8- 8 oz glasses of water each day and still wake up the next morning with dry mouth and ashy skin.

Having a pool has been awesome. I’m sure we will enjoy it even more when the weather cools down a little. Kane loves the pool too! He ALWAYS wants to get in. He’s learning when it is an appropriate time to get in and when it isn’t- like 10 min before we are going to bed, not a good idea.




But, Kane hasn’t been able to get into the pool at all this past week. Last Friday evening, while on a run with Hubby, he was attacked by another dog. =( Luckily, he came away with only a couple puncture wounds.
Unfortunately, one of the puncture wounds was pretty deep and we thought it best to take him to the 24 hour vet to make sure it didn’t get infected. We waited for-ever to be seen by a vet and it was close to 1 am before we were able to take him home. They had to shave the areas around the wounds and put two staples in each.
We are taking him to get the staples out on Monday. The owner of the dog that attacked Kane is willing to pay for the bill which is good.

Our stuff did come last Thursday night as promised and we have successfully unpacked 90% of it! Once we get everything somewhat where we want it, I’ll post some pictures =) Until then, since we have internet as of this weekend (!!!), I’ll be sure to post about, well, ALL of May! Keep checking back!

xoxo,

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Kane!!!! I hope he is feeling ok and heals quickly. Poor pup.

    ReplyDelete